Phil's Get Togther

Yes many of us are so looking forward to this date... not because its my birthday but cos we will be having Phil Edwards in our mist! He is our mentor and long time friend who went back to the States and is now back for a couple of days!

Today's theme for our party is Dim Sum Party!!

I prepared the following dishes...

Red bean paste with banana
I boiled the red bean, meshed it and added a bit of sugar and wrap it with the sliced banana with frozen spring roll skin. YUMMY!!
You tiao fritters with fish paste, sotong paste and minced pork.Mini spring roll... oops no pic

Carrot Cake
I made these on Friday evening so that it can be cooled, cut and pan fried.Chicken Porridge

Soon kueh
Josephine brought this fermented beans pork ribs... some says its TK!!
Linda made 3 cold veg dishes which brought a good balance to the meaty dishes.
How can a dim sum party be without baos and siew mai. Joanne bought these from our favourite shop and its so yummy... especially the siew mai.... so solid!!
Since it's chinese theme, I thot the oolong jelly with kiwi and wolfberries which I learnt at Kiwi Concoction will make a very nice dessert... everyone says its very unique, never tired anything like this before!!
Look at our spread!! Oh there is my mini spring roll.
Everyone is waiting and finally after Jac gave thanks.... ATTACK!!
This is Phil and Mike, our special guests.
Much fellowship and chatting goes around our house.Even the children had FUN!!Jac with Phil... Jac always tells me that Phil is someone whom he respects and learn a lot and he is like a mentor to him. Thank you Phil.

Ezra enjoying a game of SNAP with uncle Brian who did slow motion so Ezra can be fasted than him!! Thanks for building his confidence!!

A pot of Tian Guan Yin chinese tea to wash down all the food consumed.... BURP!!

3 comments:

Shana said...

Wah~~~I'M IMPRESSED!! You are such a good cook!

viv said...

haha thanks.. but we have a few chefs today!!

Angie said...

i cannot believe you made them!!! you are GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!

This is my online journal of things, events, happenings in my life. This will also be a online inheritance I leave for my dearest hubby Jacky & lovely son, Ezra.
 
Copyright 2009 Viv's Diary All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes