KaYi Farewell Dinner

A dear long time friend of ours, Kayi, who used to attend youth activities with us will be going to Canada to work in August and we are having a simple farewell dinner for him.

It was supposed to be a much bigger group but some of us cant make it due to work or study stress!! Anyway, it was a close cosy get together.
Kayi has requested for chinese food & the dishes for the night was....

1. KaiLan with fried silver fish
2. 北京鸭- simply bought a whole duck & de-skinned
3. Sotong Salad - see pic above

4. Duck Noodles
1st time cooking this dish, trying to repeat the usual left over duck meat noodles we eat at restaurants.. very happy with the result
5. Wanton - Ezra helped me wrap some of these!!
6. Roast Pork Belly - missed it!!

7. Mango Pamelo Dessert - which did not turn out very well so no pic

I thought I cooked a lot this evening but was surprised that everything was finished!! I prepared chicken patti for myself but I cant resist the temptation and had 2 wanton & 2 spoonful of the noodles.... let's hope the damage is not too great...

After dinner, we hang around and chit chat and view some of Kayi's brother wedding photos and time passed by so and before long it was abt 10.45pm and everyone had to leave cos of work the next day.
Farewell my friend and may God enlarge your tent and bless your time and work in Canada

4 comments:

Shana said...

oh...its so "cruel" to cook all these delicious dishes yet are not allow to eat them!!!!

Btw don't worry abt the 2 wontons and noodles, I'm sure all the extra energy you used to cook this feast is more than enuf to burn off the extra calories. ^_^

Angie said...

the noodles look esp delicious and professionally done!!

Joyce Long said...

Mouth watering....I like the Kailan.

viv said...

ya i really like the noodles so easy to cook also!!

@Shana, i dont find it cruel lah cos i still enjoying cooking & seeing friends enjoy makes it all worth it!!

This is my online journal of things, events, happenings in my life. This will also be a online inheritance I leave for my dearest hubby Jacky & lovely son, Ezra.
 
Copyright 2009 Viv's Diary All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes