Children & now Teens!!

Mel & some of the girls wanted to visit our place & the date was fixed on Tues. Sharon, Jane, Jasmine & Mel came to my place abt 4pm and they wanted to bake stuff. I was thinking of cookies since it has been a while. However on Tuesday, a parent brought a big bag of very riped bananas so we baked banana muffins instead! The girls were a little gorssed out by the very mushy bananas!! The muffins did not turn out very nice, i think we put way too much mashed bananas!! But the girls think it was YUMMY!!I cooked chicken claypot rice, kang kong, cabbage, steam fish & tofu & everything was wiped out!!

After dinner, Mervyn took out a cake to surprise his little sister Mel. It was so sweet of him!! Although he was limping due to football accident, he limped all the way to Taka & bought a marble cheese cake from Swissbake which is Mel favourite!! Mel was totally surprised!!
As she was blowing the candles, it suddenly dawn on me... wow it has been so so so long... they were the children I teach and minister to when they were in Sunday school & Children Minsitry. But now they are 18 & 16 years old liao!! I am so old liao!!

After the cake, the teens still have tummy for home made crepes & ice-cream!! They hang ard & played cards until 10pm before I 'chase' them home!!

Oh here's some impression of Mel from the eyes of my son Ezra!!

2 comments:

Shana said...

wow, Vivian, u must be a great teacher since these kids still remember u after so many years! Its must feel great to be able to hang out with these teens, it shows that u r still very young at heart indeed! :D

Lydia said...

What fun gathering!

This is my online journal of things, events, happenings in my life. This will also be a online inheritance I leave for my dearest hubby Jacky & lovely son, Ezra.
 
Copyright 2009 Viv's Diary All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes