Puff Pastry Chicken Pie

Josephine left some puff pastry in my freezer for the longest time & many times I almost wanted to throw them away....

Finally I decided to make chicken pie with it. Instead of the big pie size, I decided mini size is better. I cut & lined the puff pastry into my muffin tray.

I never like frozen mixed veg so I decided to peel the corn kernel, chopped the carrot and french bean. Bring them to a quick boil & drained. Next to boil is the potatoes and diced them after cooked. Diced skinless chicken thigh, marinate with soy sauce, pepper and seasame oil. Chopped big onion. Fry the big onion, chicken meat until brown, add the diced potatoes and mixed veg and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Scoop the mix into each shell. I realised that I dont have enough pastry to close up the pie so again had to improvise.... cut strips & decorate it on the top!! Brush a little egg & bake in at 180 degree for 20 mins!!

While the pies are baking, Ezra asked to eat the remaining corn. I simply added some butter to the corn & he LOVES it!!

Here's my tray of chicken pies
Ezra took this pic for me!!
He wanted to pose with the pies cos they were so pretty!!
Crispy pastry & moist filling... Super Yummy!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

viv...*speechless*

you shd conduct baking classes!

viv said...

haha this is very simple to make... just need to make that effort!!

This is my online journal of things, events, happenings in my life. This will also be a online inheritance I leave for my dearest hubby Jacky & lovely son, Ezra.
 
Copyright 2009 Viv's Diary All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes