Bento # 7

I was still thinking if I want to prepare bento on sun evening for Jac but guess I still did!

Today dinner bento was brown rice with beef rendang and 小白菜. Beef rendang was easy but takes a lot time to simmer until the beef is tender. I marinated the beef cubes with some salt and pepper. Cut lime leaves, lemon grass, big onions and tomatoes, stir fry and add the beef cubes. Fry the cubes until brown, add the Brahim's beef rendang mix and simmer the beef until tender.
My lunch was the same 小白菜 with tomato based sauce sotong. I fry big onion, garlic and a little ginger slice with chopped tomatoes, added the sotong & voila a new dish!!


Ezra saw me preparing all the bentos and uploading the pictures and he was very excited and happy. He asked me "Mummy, do you think you can make the same for me someday?" It was at that moment that I felt really bad, feeling somewhat that I have neglected him in my food preparation! I woke up extremely early last Friday and prepared a nice cute shaped bread to surprise him! I was changing and Aunty showed him the bento. He was very excited and ran into my bedroom saying he was very hungry and wanted to eat his breakfast NOW!! I stopped him, saying he can have it in the car ride instead as we were running short of time! Once in the car, he immediately asked for his bread and in the short ride from my place to church (abt 5-10 mins) he finished all his bread!!
I am having some strange orientation of the pic!! it shld be in landscape but don't know why turned out like that!!

0 comments:

This is my online journal of things, events, happenings in my life. This will also be a online inheritance I leave for my dearest hubby Jacky & lovely son, Ezra.
 
Copyright 2009 Viv's Diary All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes