My Worst Nightmares!!

I have seen or heard of kids getting HFMD but never in my wildest dreams would I think I would get that as well. I was ok on Christmas eve was still very busy preparing dishes for church buffet. On Christmas day itself, I noticed 1 funny spot on my palm which I dismissed it as some insect bite. On Boxing Day, more spots seems to appear & the 1st blistered to quite big in size!! We have made arrangement to visit Popo, while we were there I started feeling sick & feverish. We had a quick lunch at Jurong Point & Jac had to drive us home instead.

More ulcers at the both sides of my tongue & even the top of mouth and more spots appeared on my palm (abt 20). It was hurting quite badly. I went to see the doctor & one look, she confirmed HFMD!! I was given fever medication & another to kind of slow down the symptoms. Doc advised to minimised contact with others especially Ezra as HFMD is highly contagious... thats a toughie. We arranged for Jac to sleep with Ezra & I will sleep in the study room. I had to keep a distance from Ezra & tried my best not to touch him. I had to 'reject' him a couple of times when he came running into my arms. Ezra asked why cannot mummy? We had to explain that mummy has HFMD & cant touch Ezra for a few days. It breaks my heart not to be able to pat him to sleep & kiss him good night. Today, when I tried to touch him, he would avoid & run away!! (clever boy but makes me feels worst)

Jac has been such great support.... tending to son & pumping himself with vitamins!!

Anyway, it has been some lousy days for me & my family but thank God for all the wonderful friends who send regards & prayers offered to God Almighty!! I am healed in the name of Jesus!! I will be well for school & this bug should stop at me!! Amen!!

Here are some pictures of my mouth & palm!!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

((((HUGS!))) big time!

So rare yet so real... spots look so much like those of chicken pox' huh? Maybe you like to remove the pic of the ulcers' one, scary leh :P

And YUP, it will stop AT you! Amen! :)

Angie said...

i am happy you have recovered!! :)

Joyce Long said...

So gladd that you are ok now.

This is my online journal of things, events, happenings in my life. This will also be a online inheritance I leave for my dearest hubby Jacky & lovely son, Ezra.
 
Copyright 2009 Viv's Diary All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes