Last Post of 2008

As I sit & write this last post for the year, I was wondering if it shld be a long reflective one or just a quick one to get it over & done with... I have no idea.. we will see at the end of this post.

2008 has been yet another eventful year (which year has not been!!)

Started 2008 with lots of hope & excitement with just being on the job of heading the church kindergarten. Like Pastor Richard once told me "Viv, I am so happy for you... you are finally at the place you like to be" Yes, I am enjoying myself, interacting with parents, organising events for the children, seeing the children having fun & growing, working & leading the team of teachers. I know I still lack much leadership & mgt skills, leading, encouraging & bringing the teachers to the next level... this is something I want to learn for 2009. When I took on this job, I told God that I still want to minister to adults & God never fails to honour. In my short time, I had quite a few opportunities to share life with distressed parents, listen & hear their worries & concerns in life and praying with & for them. I am asking God for boldness in 2009 to share God's love & invite them to church if there is chance!! Amen!!

As for church ministry, I am just serving in the Children Ministry as teacher, no longer a leader. It certainly took a while to get used to.... not being constantly in the know of happenings. But I am now starting to enjoy the time where I can interact with brothers & sisters in Christ & sitting in service listening to God's words being preached. I would love to be more grounded in His words in 2009....

Family life has been great. We were there to witness many of Ezra's milestones and development. He has been such a joy and really pride of our lives. After a long day work, coming home & having him run to the door & hug me washes away all the tiredness.... This yr also saw Ezra going to school with me. I hated the part of having to wake him up so early but enjoyed preparing nice bkf for him to eat on the ride to sch. The last couple of months were very quality & quantity time spend cos Jac took time off work for a couple of months & we did so many family stuff together... I am still waiting for a promise God assured me sometime earlier this year & that is I will be having my 2nd baby.... We have been trying for a while but no happy news to share... at a time where we got discouraged, God spoke & await with us as He fulfil His promises. Amen!!

2008 also saw the farewell of a few very close families, Kwai & Nan's family, Pastor Richard & Josephine. But with technology they are still much communication.

Ok i better hurry if i want to make it in time, with the TV countdown behind me ticking away!!

2008 also saw our most expensive purchase.. a place where we can call home. I have been staying with my in laws since we got married, they have been wonderful help but its abt time for us to have our own space & place. We have seen God's hands working thru this whole move....

God's faithfulness, grace & favour never fails, never ends... Thank you God....

Goodbye 2008 & welcome 2009!!

2 comments:

Clement said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, guys!

Lydia said...

Blessed 2009!

Nice reading there. Your job sounds interesting and exciting! I'm curious of what Jac is working as that he could take such a long time off work.

May God hasten His blessing of a 2nd baby for you as you seek to please Him, faithfully bearing much fruits for His Kingdom!

I was at the church's watch night service counting down and making covenants at the dawn of the new year, our usual practice :)

This is my online journal of things, events, happenings in my life. This will also be a online inheritance I leave for my dearest hubby Jacky & lovely son, Ezra.
 
Copyright 2009 Viv's Diary All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes