Japan Food 'Feast'

Yesterday I prepared the jelly for Nana's party today. This morning, we're all set to prepare sushi. Again my 1st time but Aunty Siya is an expert, all thanks to the training of Nancy.

Instead of buying the sweet egg tamago, I gave it a try on my own. Added sugar & bit a vinegar & beat it, using non stick mini pan, pour, cook, fold, pour, cook, fold many times. Tasted not too bad.

Here's the spread of food stick, all ready for the roll. We rolled different styles & very satisfied with the results!!
We made extra for our lunch, I prepared also terayaki chicken & pan fried salmon to go with japan seasoned rice. The 2 Chuang boys stayed over last nite & initally did not want lunch but once everything was served, they attacked the food b4 I can take pictures of it!!
Busy morning but very satisfying!



8 comments:

Angie said...

Viv, we must make sushi together some day! no, i mean, you must TEACH ME how to make sushi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wolfgirl said...

I will volunteer to be your guinea pig!!!!

viv said...

haha actually its more of my helper... me just roll the things... but can lah we can gather for sushi party one day!!

Anonymous said...

Oh..can i volunteer too? I can be your helper leh, don't play play, I've got A2 for 'O' Level Home Economics ok :)

Lydia said...

Count me in, pleaseeeeeeeeeeee! Your sushi looks so delicious! Hey, is Aunty Siya your maid? I didn't know you have a helper...

viv said...

haha sure sure shana, next time when i org DIY party ok...

Lydia, ya now got helper took over from my sis who left for shanghai. she has been with her for 4 yrs. when we confirm potong pasir house & my in laws not moving with us, we need a helper... it was perfect timing from God... took over her late sept....

Angie said...

oh gosh! i am so lookg forward to the sushi party! must we dress up in yukata? haha~~

viv said...

ok ok see when i can arrange a sushi DIY party... think must wait until i move in!!

This is my online journal of things, events, happenings in my life. This will also be a online inheritance I leave for my dearest hubby Jacky & lovely son, Ezra.
 
Copyright 2009 Viv's Diary All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes