All Morning Works

Sat is Nana jie jie's birthday party & I agreed to prepare jelly for her. Since we will be out in the aftn, I decided to prepare the jelly in the morning. While I was peeling all the fruits, Ezra wants to help as well. He picked up the longans which I asked him to remove the seed. He was having some difficulties at first but finally mgt to remove the seed. While he was working, he is also popping the flesh into his mouth (just like mummy, hahaha!!)


The almost finished jelly, we just need to put it in the fridge to chill!


Here's the finished jelly all ready to be popped into the mouth!!

Last evening, Ezra saw an adv on pizza & he looked at me with those loving eyes and askd "Mummy can you make pizza for me to eat?"
My son, how can I turned down your request. So pizza shld be our lunch for today!!

I followed the recipe given by my sister for the dough (never done before) & while knitting it, the metal stick actually broke!! Lesson learnt, dont buy cheaparo mixer!! The dough is supposed to raise but it did not & it was very hard. I had no choice but to throw the dough away. But all is not lost yet, I used sandwich bread & put all the ingedients on & baked it in toaster oven


Viola!! Tasty yummy Pizza


10 comments:

wolfgirl said...

wow, your pizza looks yummy!
(must use two hands to catch my saliva..)

Angie said...

wah!!!! Great bento idea!!

viv said...

thank you thank you... actually its really yummy even on bread & its super easy to make... just cut ham, pineapple, crab stick, hotdog, green pepper & slice & mozi cheese...

next time my house warming cook this for you ok...

angie, this has to be eaten warm & crispy... if not may not be that nice...

Angie said...

ok.. thanks for the tip! my parents will be going for holiday almost the entire Dec hols. so i'll hv at least 2x a week to cook (yipeee!!) and this looks great!

Anonymous said...

Just curious about the "unrisen" dough..did u use a brand new pkt of dried yeast? Cos' the dough will not rise if the supposedly live yeast is dead :(

I always use Jamie Oliver's recipe for my pizza, u want it? :)

Anonymous said...

Btw, your pizza looks great! :)

Lydia said...

Hi Viv,

Your jelly looks so yummy! And your pizza is super-yummy!! And hey, Ezra is a fast learner! :)

viv said...

shana wow jaimie oliver pizza recipe!! i love to watch his show!! very complicated or not? i sure wld love his recipe!! thanks

yes i got a new pkt from NTUC.. so really dont know why...

thanks Lydia

Anonymous said...

Hi Vivian, i like Jamie Oliver's books too! I've got most of them :)

Anyway, here is the recipe, enough to make 4 large pizza bases.

30g fresh yeast or 3x 7g sachets dried yeast
30g sugar
625ml tepid water
1kg bread flour
30g salt
extra flour for dusting

U must knead the dough for at least 5 mins until it becomes quite smooth, let it rest till double its size, knock out the air by bashing it & rest again. See if it works for u! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Vivian, I wanna try making the jelly. Apart from longan, what else can we put inside? What is the white white thingy in your jelly? Barley?

This is my online journal of things, events, happenings in my life. This will also be a online inheritance I leave for my dearest hubby Jacky & lovely son, Ezra.
 
Copyright 2009 Viv's Diary All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes