More New Dishes!!

While Angie is actively making bentos in the wee hours of the morning, I am experimenting with dishes in the evenings (at least my beauty sleep is not deprived!)

This is my 2nd attempt @ banana muffins... after a quick check with my sis Linda, she mentioned that adding apple chunks are good & yummy!! Ezra was very excited, eyeing on the butter cream and insisting to finger lick the cream. I was quite happy with the texture of the dough and as I scoop the batter, he put the apples chunks in each muffin cup.

The muffin were so soft and the apples are so yummy so much better than the 1st try. Ezra even said it was good!!After baking the muffin, my engine got started & I tried making one of my favourite tim sum, chee chong fun with fillings. I used roast pork & prawn as fillings, made the soya sauce etc. First I steamed the empty chee chong fun to soften the skin so its easy for me to unroll and flatten it so I can put in the filling & roll it up. I added some lettuce, roll it up & put it back to the steamer.

Its time consuming but the results YUMMY!! We had this for dinner together with stir fried veg, steam fish & mushroom. Its so yummy that I will definitely do this again with more friends & more different fillings like chicken & mushroom & dough fritters!

10 comments:

Angie said...

you made the chee cheong fun yourself??? or was it off the shelf but you added the fillings?

viv said...

no lah its off the shelf... I just roll out & put in fillings & roll back... hahaha a bit of cheating!!

Shana said...

how come I never thought of doing this? It's a splendid idea that I will definitely copy!! :)

Lydia said...

Viv, you are not only a good cook, but a clever one too! Those sesame coated chee chong fun are my DH's favourite! I showed him the pic and he went "wahhhhh", lol!

Anonymous said...

Oh Vivian, your chee cheong fun really make me drooling leh. both you and Angie are really good at "displaying" your dishes :D

viv said...

thank you thank you.. but i only assemble them.. everything is off the shelf!! try try its really yummy...

Lydia, its my favourite tim sum... love it!!

Jocelyn said...

Yummy yummy, yr creations always make me feel hungry... Guess I should also tried buying some zhu cheong fang n try this weekend...

Clement said...

Wah~~!

I actually did a big gulp (of saliva) when I came to the CCF pics! Looks so delicioso...yumyumyumyum!

Joyce Long said...

Wow..moi mouth watering again..

viv said...

wow clement so glad to see your post... means you feeling much better liao!! next time cook for you ok!!

This is my online journal of things, events, happenings in my life. This will also be a online inheritance I leave for my dearest hubby Jacky & lovely son, Ezra.
 
Copyright 2009 Viv's Diary All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes