Orchids & Herbs

We really enjoyed watching Jaimie Oliver cook shows & always envied how easy it was for him to just walk to his garden/ window ledge & pluck some herbs & add to his dishes. So when we moved into our new home, we thot we can try growing some herbs. When we found this perfect place (but I had to ask the carpenter to knock away some partition wall), a ledge between the windows & sink to grow our herbs.

Last Sat, I got a call from Linda saying that a nursery is having 20% on all plants and since we will be in that area, we decide to make a trip there. It was not a wasted trip!! We mgt to buy basil & mint. Nimrod gave us a pot of oregano & now I am still short of rosemary!! My herbs growing is bring much envy to some friends... hahaha

We are not the green fingers type so lets see how long can my herbs survive!!

We also bought a pot of white orchids for our living room, the pot & even the plate which was purchased from a regular plate & bowl place fit together very nicely. This certainly brought much colours & life to our home!

3 comments:

Angie said...

I am one of the envious friends...:)

Lydia said...

Your herds garden looks great! Yah... let's see how long they can survive ;) The down light shining on the white orchid makes a beautiful sight!

viv said...

haha i had friend over for dinner last nite, i make basil fish... simply yummy & convenient!!

This is my online journal of things, events, happenings in my life. This will also be a online inheritance I leave for my dearest hubby Jacky & lovely son, Ezra.
 
Copyright 2009 Viv's Diary All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes