New Dishes!!

I was cooking a lot recently and had to try new recipes cos I am running out of dishes to cook!! I had always like soon kueh and found a recipe that promised crystal clear skin... The filling is easy to cook but its the skin that requires more skill. I really liked the texture and feel of the dough and kept knitted it. After wrapping the kueh, its off to the streamer. Looks really good but the skin is a bit hard..... A check with an expert confirms that over knit & steam will cause it to be hard. I am going to try this again tml!!

We were a bit sicked with chinese dishes and decided to go Western one evening. Josephine taught me to do a veg 'bath' with all the hard veg and some black pepper to be put under the rosemary chicken tighs. It was so pretty with all the colourful veg and chicken!! The veg turned out just perfect and so tasty with the juices from the chicken!! YUMMY!!

4 comments:

Shana said...

I'm seriously drooling very badly now....!!!!!

Sherilynn said...

Me too! Everything looks so YUMMY!

Joyce Long said...

You are the best chef mommy I ever met..Jacky and Ezra is very lucky..

Lydia said...

Wish we could be neighbor!!! ;)

This is my online journal of things, events, happenings in my life. This will also be a online inheritance I leave for my dearest hubby Jacky & lovely son, Ezra.
 
Copyright 2009 Viv's Diary All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes