Hun Family Tradition - Pineapple Tart Baking

It has been a family tradition for our Hun family sisters to get together to baking stuff... mooncakes, bak chang & pineapple tart... It has been increasingly difficult to gather all & this CNY with all our busy work & family schedule, we most wanted to cancel the annual pineapple tart making. But after much discussion we decided to keep the tradition going.

So last sat 10 Jan 2009 was the date set.... we gathered at Lydia's new place abt 9am & got down to biz very soon. Traditionally, we will take leave & do it on a weekday but now we have moved to sat & most other family members can join in....

The kids were very excited & joined in the making!! We told the girls that they must also start & keep this tradition in future.

Ok here's some pic of us making the pineapple tarts.... can see the different 'stages' rolling the dough, rolling the pineapple balls, grazing the egg, packing into containers....

Here's the end product... YUMMY..

4 comments:

Angie said...

ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *drool*

Meekfreek said...

I love pineapple tarts! I can eat a whole jar full until I have a sore throat! My favourite are from Wooden Spoon at Shaw Tower. Yours look simply delicious! I prefer the fully covered tarts too!

viv said...

actually i am not a big fan of pineapple tarts but the other sisters & all the kids LOVE it!!

wolfgirl said...

I think it will be nice with Char Siew filling.. hint hint

This is my online journal of things, events, happenings in my life. This will also be a online inheritance I leave for my dearest hubby Jacky & lovely son, Ezra.
 
Copyright 2009 Viv's Diary All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes