How we spend our Lunar New Year

It has been a busy 2 days for our family, visiting parents & elders. Since we stay with our in laws, we don't really have to visit them but this year I happened to read an article abt CNY must do for Cantonese which is to serve longan red date tea to elders. I told Jac we should do that for in laws. I got up early on 1st day of CNY, brewed that special tea & kept in somewhere out of sight b4 they wakes up. When we serve them the tea, they were pleasantly surprised & touched by the gesture!! Over breakfast, MIL casually mentioned that with the drinking of this tea, she 'lost' a son!! I was a bit taken aback by the comment but Jac quickly assured her that we will be back often. Guess we have to come back more often when we move out.
Here's our annual CNY picture

Next we visited Jac's 三姑父. Jac always shared how this uncle wld buy a whole basket of durians to eat when they were young.

Next stop is 大姑妈 house at Woodlands. I remembered Ezra making a fuss at her place last year but to our surprise, he is very comfortable and started greeting everyone we asked him. He willingly posed for pictures with all!! We were supposed to go over to 伯父 house but we met the family here.


That's Ezra with 大姑妈 & 伯父.

After that we headed to my mum's place. It has been a tradition for all of us to visit my grandparents niche during CNY. My mum would also introduce whoever is the new addition to the family to them & this year its baby Rene.

Here's our family wishing my mum good health & happiness. It's our prayers that she will come to know Jesus. Ezra wishing Popo....

Some years back, I did a special way of giving ang baos to the children, I would put in different amount of money which ranges from $48 to $6 in the packets & toss it into the air and they will grab whichever they like. The kids requested for this format this year so here they are enjoying the ang baos grab!! Amelia is our proud top winner!!

Yu Sheng was usually prepared by Nan but this year it was requested by Joanne & prepared by yours truly!! Yummy Yu Sheng!!


Here's our family wishing everyone a Blessed New Year & lots of God's grace & favour!! Gong Xi Gong Xi!

4 comments:

Angie said...

finally i have time to visit your blog to catch up and send my CNY wishes personally.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

viv said...

thank you

Anonymous said...

Vivian, you look so beautiful in the last pic :D

Happy New Year!

viv said...

haha thank you Viana... you are too kind

This is my online journal of things, events, happenings in my life. This will also be a online inheritance I leave for my dearest hubby Jacky & lovely son, Ezra.
 
Copyright 2009 Viv's Diary All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes